Share the post "Tips To Recover Your Compromised Gmail Account"
As we all know, that the menace of cyber crime like hacking, IP spoofing, credit cards fraud, and stealing of password is on a rise. The situation has been made more precarious with reports of terrorists starting a cyber war. It’s time for us to remain more vigilant while using Internet at our respective workplaces or homes.
Often many of us discover that our Gmail account have been compromised or hacked. Therefore, it is very important for us to stay cautious if you notice the following things:
• Firstly, your contacts receive suspicious messages from your e-mail address.
• Secondly, you realize that your contacts or mail are missing.
• Lastly, you receive a warning about suspicious activity taking place from your account.
But you need not worry at all. The reason is that the following protocol by tech giant Google will help you regain access to your account. Look on:
If you can still sign in to your account, follow the steps in the security checklist to help protect your account in the future. These are:
1. Secure your password
2. Update your account recovery options
3. Check your account for unusual activity
4. Ensure your mail goes where you want it to
5. Check your computer is infected with malware
6. Upgrade to the latest version of your web browser
7. Make sure you access 2-step Verification
8. Don’t reply or open to a suspicious message
But if you can’t log in to your account, then someone might have changed your sign-in credentials. In such a scenario, you need to fill in Google’s account recovery form. And if you haven’t turned on your 2-step, then it can sometimes take 3 – 5 business days to complete the account recovery process.