Share the post "Steps To Disable Whatsapp Blue Ticks For Read Messages"
Whatsapp recently introduced a new feature that lets users know that their messages have been read, with the double grey ticks appearing in front of the messages turning blue.
The messaging app has taken another step secretly by letting users of its android app disable the feature with the rollout of whatsapp version 2.11.444. The version is available for users on whatsapp’s website for now, and will eventually be made available to all users.
We give you certain tips to disable the blue coloured read receipts’ with the message timestamp on whatsapp’s android app:
1. Be sure that your smartphone is running on android 2.1 or a newer version.
2. Go to settings menu and enable ‘download from unknown sources’ in the security tab
3. Go to the whatsapp website and download the apk (application) file available under www.whatsapp.com/android/
4. After the apk file is downloaded to your device, tap the ‘install’ option.
6. Now that whatsapp has been updated, select settings > account > privacy. Under the privacy tab, uncheck the read receipts option. This feature however, is not available to group messages and will let other participants know when you’ve read a message. Also, once you disable this feature, you won’t be able to view blue double-check marks when you send a message as well.
The feature that enabled the users to see when their messages were read didn’t go down too well with the users and with this update, the mobile messaging service seems to be taking steps to please users who didn’t express satisfaction with the new feature.