Share the post "Six Tips To Make Your Skin Summer Friendly"
Its just April and the heat is scorching. But you need to go out to work. It’s necessary that you protect your skin from heat. From following the essential routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing to maintaining a healthy diet, expert suggests various tips of taking care of yourself in the hot and humid weather. Here are a few tips.
1. Screen the sun: Chose a sunscreen that best meets your requirements and contains sun protection factor (SPF). SPF 30 is best recommended for Indian skin types. Apply sun screen 20 to 30 minutes before stepping out and ensure you wear sunscreen every day, even when you stay indoors.
2. Follow the essential routine: Follow the cleansing, toning and moisturising ritual twice a day for best results. Summers are most nightmarish time for skin issues, specially acne. To keep your skin acne-free use a cleanser which contains salicylic acid and helps reduce acne and prevent future breakouts.
3. Exfoliate: Adding exfoliation into your skin care regime is a must to avoid dull skin. Exfoliants remove old, dry, dead skin cells, toxins and other deposits and allow new skin cells to surface. Just scrub your elbows and knees at least twice a week to get rid of dead tissues. Rub a slice of lemon with sugar every alternate day to keep them clean and to remove tan.
4. Hair woes: Since hair tends to be moisture-deprived during summers, overuse of any kind of chemical and hair styling tool should be avoided. Shampooing often results in loss of shine and moisture. Consider switching to a gentle shampoo and use a deep conditioner to replenish the loss of moisture. Massage your hair with a mixture of coconut oil, castor and olive oil regularly to keep your hair nourished.
5 Good Feet: Start with wearing an open sandal in the summer to keep your feet dry and give them a chance to breathe. Your feet are subject to sunburn just like the rest of your body. Use sunscreen during the day and during the evenings apply a lightweight moisturiser.
6. A healthy diet: It is advised that apart from drinking lots of water, a special summer diet consisting of light and healthy food would ensure a cool mind and body. To keep your skin hydrated, eat lot of fresh fruits and green vegetables. Include fruits and vegetables like bitter gourd, spinach, cucumber, watermelons, oranges, cherries, plums and lychee to your diet.