Share the post "Mangoes Are Really Sweeter!"
Who say that mangoes have no nutritional value and simply add to diabetes and other diseases? Here are a few useful tips of the king of fruits.
1. Helps in digestion: People eat mangoes after hearty meals because they contain several enzymes that help in breaking down protein. The fibrous content of the fruit along with vitamins, minerals and probiotic dietary fibre help digest food easily.
2. Helps in diabetes: Contrary to a popular belief that mangoes increases diabetes, most people are unaware that the fruit has a low glycemic index (41-60), and eating it in moderate quantities will not suddenly elevate your sugar levels.
3. Low cholesterol: It also helps to bring down cholesterol as the fiber, Vitamin C and pectin in mangoes helps lower serum cholesterol levels, especially the harmful Low-Density Lipoprotein commonly known as bad cholesterol.
4. Good for eye sight: Mangoes is great for eyes since the high content of vitamin A found in them helps to prevent night blindness and dry eyes. A cupful of the fruit supplies 25 percent of the daily need of vitamin A.
5. Aphrodisiac: Mangoes also have compounds that act like the hormone estrogen has an aphrodisiac effect for both men and women. Besides, the fruit also has high vitamin E which is a mild form of aphrodisiac.