Share the post "Eat Food And Control Diabetes"
Diabetes has been emerging as a fast but silent killer across the globe. The love for junk food and undisciplined life style has been the major cause of people becoming diabetic, irrespective of the age group. We suggest you to consume certain food items which can help to control your blood sugar levels.
1. Dates: The brown and sticky fruit not only has a sweet taste but is rich in fiber, making it a diabetes-friendly snack. They are richer in antioxidants as compared to a serving of grapes, oranges, broccoli and peppers. Have raw dates or stuff them with walnuts.
2. Milk: Remember, your mother always asked you to have a glass of milk and how you hated it. Milk is one of the best sources of calcium and Vitamin D, milk and is blood sugar-friendly. Well, other dairy products like cottage cheese and low-fat yogurt are also useful to quell diabetes.
3. Flaxseeds: They are a good source of of fiber and alpha-linolenic acid, which your body converts to omega-3,flaxseed is known to lower blood sugar and cholesterol, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease, heart attack, and other cardiovascular issues.
4. Sage: This herb is useful to boost insulin secretion and activity, which helps to curb blood sugar in pre-diabetics and manage it in Type 2 diabetics. Besides, it also keeps your liver functioning well, thereby improving your body’s immunity. Consuming sage on an empty stomach can reduce the blood glucose levels.
5. Beans: They are high in fiber and help you feel full, steady blood sugar, and even lower cholesterol. Moreover, they are said to burn body fat since they contain calcium. Make a bean and sprout salad or have them in your soup.