Share the post "5 secrets of wealthy investors"
Just drop a thought that you can’t invest like super rich because you can’t afford life style like them. We suggest you the ways of people who invest like the rich.
1. Be aware of the fees on your investments. High-net worth investors focus on broad diversification at the lowest possible costs.
Actively-managed funds tend to carry higher fees, but don’t always outperform the market. Make sure to know any fees and taxes associated with investment choices before committing to them.
Cost needs to be at the forefront of the decision-making process, they can really eat away at returns, which no one wants no matter their income level.”
2. Useless to waste time waiting for the next big thing. Your average investor might spend the bulk of their time trying to identify the next Apple or Facebook.
On the other hand, the high-net worth clients spend less time on that and instead focus on wanting to own the whole market and use a low-cost index.
3. Know your risk tolerance. Before making any investment decisions wealthy investors are aware what they will need the money for and how much they can afford to lose.
Once investors know their end goal, they can choose appropriate investments. For instance, she said if a wealthy individual had $10 million to invest and needed $8 million at the end of the year, that person will look to put 80% in relatively safe investments and 20% in more risky growth-generating investments.
4. When it comes to picking stocks, clients to look for companies with at least a $50 billion market cap, a dividend yield that’s around two times higher than the S&P 500′s dividend yield and balance sheet liquidity among other things.
He says the current ratio, quick ratio and working capital calculations are useful to evaluate a company’s fundamental health.
5. And lastly, but most important. Wealthy investors are more likely to take a long-term approach with their portfolios and ignore Wall Street’s daily gyrations that can trigger knee-jerk investment decisions.