Share the post "5 Foods To Keep Diabetes In Check"
Diabetes has become a serious problem with nowadays with even youth and children are suffering from it across the globe. Here’s are certain foods which you can eat to keep diabetes under check.
1. Dates: This brown and sticky fruit not only has a sweet taste but is rich in fiber, making it a diabetes-friendly snack. Study says, they are richer in antioxidants as compared to a serving of grapes, oranges, broccoli and peppers. Have raw dates or stuff them with walnuts.
2. Milk: One of the best sources of calcium and Vitamin D, milk is blood sugar-friendly. You can also opt for other dairy products like cottage cheese and low-fat yogurt to quell diabetes.
3. Flaxseeds: A good source of fiber and alpha-linolenic acid, which your body converts to omega-3, flaxseed is known to lower blood sugar and cholesterol, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease, heart attack, and other cardiovascular issues.
4. Sage: This herb boosts insulin secretion and activity, which helps to curb blood sugar in pre-diabetics and manage it in Type 2 diabetics. German study says that consuming sage on an empty stomach can reduce the blood glucose levels. This herb can also be added to your tea.
5. Beans: Since beans are high in fiber, they help you feel full, steady blood sugar, and even lower cholesterol. Moreover, they are said to burn body fat since they contain calcium. Make a bean and sprout salad or have them in your soup.